Tennis Troupe Men’s League Teams
The 2023 Tennis BC men’s spring league season sees the Tumblers our B3 division team returning and is joined our new B2 division team the Trojans.
Tennis BC Men’s City League. Home matches are hosted at North Vancouver Tennis Center (NVTC), 280 Lloyd Ave., North Vancouver.
The 2023 spring practice/training has begun as we prepare to compete from April 2 through to the end of June. To join either team or for more information, email us.
Comment Questions, Requirements, and Information
- availability – we will do our best to inform everyone well in advance as to when match days are, those that respond promptly will be given priority to play
- showing up to practice – if more than 7 players are available for the match day, then those that put in effort to show up to practice will be given priority to play.
- skill level – if everything else is equal (prompt replies, availability, and does show up to practice), we will base it on the skill level of the players to decide who will be given priority to play.
- no one is available – we will then ask for subs from the Tumblers to sub up (a player can sub up a maximum of 2 times before they need to join the Trojans instead).
Tennis BC mandatory requirements of league players.
Players must be current members of the club they represent on or before April 1, 2023)
- Join Tennis Troupe @ https://tennistroupe.com/become-a-member/ (choose between a quarterly or annual membership. Please note plans to offer a yearly Tennis BC Tournament Membership to TT annual members are still in the works. We hope to have a final answer before April 1)
Players must have a Tennis BC Tournaments Membership OR a Tennis BC League Player license on or before April 1, 2023)
- Join Tennis BC @ https://clubspark.ca/TBCHub/Membership/Join (a Tournament Membership permits you to compete in all NTRP Tennis Canada tournaments VS a League Player license which allows you to compete ONLY in the spring league only. More information via the link.
- Tennis Scores is the league’s team player management software.
- Schedule request will be sent using tenniscores.com software.
- Find information about your team, division, players, scores, results, scheduling, etc.
- Bookmark the link for future reference.
Home/Away Match Ties
- Trojans play (4) away and (4) home team matches in the B2 division.
- Each team match comprises (1) singles match & (3) doubles matches.
- The match format is best of 3 tie-break sets. If teams split sets and there is 1⁄2 an hour or less playing time available, a deciding match tie-break will be played in place of a 3rd set (first to 10 points, having won by two).
- On occasion players on the our B3-Red Tumblers may sub up for the B2 Trojans, but only as needed.
Players, Spares, Non-Members
- Players may not play for two clubs.
- Players may only be listed on one original team roster (must be added to other rosters if spare).
- Players may spare once for more than one team at the club in the same division, but the second time they are added to the team roster.
- Players cannot play down and may “spare up” only twice.
- If a player “plays up” three or more times, they must remain on the higher team roster.
- Non-member spares can play once only and need to be indicated as such on the score sheet.
- Player availability requests will be sent to each player directly from vancouvermensleague.tenniscores.com
- We will send the request once the league directors have finalized home/away matches.
- Once you receive the request, please check your schedules and input your YES, NO, or UNSURE for the entire season.
- You can change your answers at any time should your schedule change.
- Many clubs do not permit cell phone usage within the club; have restrictions on parking or club access, or dress code requirements. Please ensure that team members abide by all club rules.
- Players must be on time and ready to begin at the stated match time.
- Warm-ups are limited to not more than 7 minutes.
- Players are reminded that warm-up is for the benefit of all players and that the ball should be hit to the opponent with a moderate pace.
- Warm-up is also not the time to practice one’s service return – serves should be caught and served back.
The 2o22 season saw the Tumblers advance to the provincial finals as the lucky losers, finishing just 4 points behind the 1st place Arbutus team. The Tennis BC spring league provincial finals were sponsored by National Bank and hosted by the Salmon Arm Tennis Club in Salmon Arm, BC. archived results here.
2021 Season: Cancelled
COVID-19 continues to threaten the safety of players, and the men’s league Directors cancelled the 2021 Men’s League season.
Please stay safe, healthy, happy, and in good shape. The 2022 season and league tennis matches are just around the corner.
More info here.
2020 Season: Cancelled
COVID-19 continues to threaten the safety of players, and the men’s league Directors cancelled the 2020 Men’s League season.
Please stay safe, healthy, happy and in good shape. The 2022 season and league tennis matches are just around the corner.
More info here.
2019 Season: Roster & Schedule
Tennis Troupe Tumblers’ inaugural 2019 season saw the team compete in the B3 Division, and the dedicated team succeeded in their goal of remaining in the B3 division. Well done, Tumblers!
Detailed 2019 Roster here.
Detailed 2019 Schedule here.